Monday, November 30, 2009

Stamping on a Budget - Week Two: Faking it

If you can't beat 'em, fake it.

Yeah, that's right, fake it. Today we're looking at ways of getting WAY more mileage out of some of the tools you may already have. I've browsed through tons of cards and projects wishing I had what looks like the amount of tools some people have. I mean, I just can't buy all that stuff, I wish I could, but I just can't keep up. Feel the same way? Yeah, thought so. Here are a few ways to create the same look while saving a few bucks.

Nestabilities
Just by cutting your cardstock, then turning the die and cutting again, you can create some really nice looking shapes for your projects. Check out Melanie's blog for all the deets on what you can create and how.

Big Shot
A ton of people own the Big Shot Top Note die. It's perfect for backgrounds on cards. Here's an old card I made using the die.



















Did you know that, like the nesties, by turning the die you can create a totally different look? Here's a card I made a while ago with the altered top note die.






















See, tons of people will have the die, but not many people think to use it this way. They'll be begging you to tell them where you bought this new die! Hehee.

Tune in next Monday for some more tips on stamping on a budget.

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers